Facial massage and Gua Sha, a new beauty trend? Find out here | Buzz News
From Bollywood stars to social media influencers, all include either a facial massage, Gua Sha, also known as Kerokan, in their skin care routines. But the bigger question here is what is it that makes the two a new beauty trend?
WHAT IS GUA SHA FACE TREATMENT?
Gua Sha is part of Chinese medicine where a tool is used to get rid of the skin in order to produce slight petechiae. Many believe that this technique helps relieve stiff, injured muscles and stimulate blood circulation, leading to recovery.
Social media has an important role to play when it comes to setting trends and making them go viral. Looks without makeup, from pastel nails to beach waves and even hair removal techniques. Something or the other has always been trending. So, we can say that these two trends had to be on the trend list, given the pandemic and the need for an effective, stress-relieving and calming skincare routine.
Here’s what makes facial massage and Gua Sha a new beauty trend:
1) Relieves tension – It helps relax the stiff and tense muscles in your face, which feels like stress relieving immediately. Which ends up giving amazing results not only physically but emotionally and mentally. Because the practice targets specific points on your face that help you relax and release toxins from your body.
2) Natural Face Lift – Gua Sha has various unique benefits and the right movement of your fingers while facial massage can help you sculpt, lift and tone your face. Although this is a slow process, it is one of the safest and most effective ways to get those perfect jaws and cheekbones.
3) Anti-aging – It gradually helps the muscles to tone and redraw themselves. This helps reactivate any dead or inactive muscles in the face and neck, resulting in youthful looking, wrinkle-free skin.
4) Glowing skin – The treatment itself oxygenates the skin, and the products additionally help the skin cells to regenerate with the nutrients it is filled with. Leaving you with a smooth, shiny and plumped face.
5) Detoxifying properties – Everyone knows that it increases blood flow, but if we take a deeper look at the techniques and movements of these two tendencies, they will help you remove blockages from your meridian channels, which in turn helps your organs function better. It also helps stimulate your lymphatic system.
So, facial massage and Gua Sha are not just trends but centuries-old techniques that are here to stay and make their place in the beauty routines of millennials.